The aims of the agenda setting exercise include:
• To identify thematic areas and knowledge gaps that need to be strengthened in the coming years in order to optimize the SRHR interventions, especially in the field of the 4 Dutch priority areas.
• To get an oversight of the organizations, networks and the policy context in the field of SRHR in Jordan.
• To describe the policy context of SRHR and the degree of interest of the government (different sectors) in pursuing an SRHR agenda.
• To identify potential organizations, networks or combination of organizations that could serve as a focal point for SRHR in the country.
• To positively represent Share-Net International to all stakeholders and encourage their engagement with the ongoing program.
This report is divided into 6 Chapters. Chapter 2 presents SRHR Background in Jordan. Chapte 3 gives an overview of governmental, private and non-governmental organizations working in SRHR in Jordan. It also includes projects, programs and publications conducted by these organizations. Chapter 4 presents the identified thematic areas and knowledge gaps in SRHR interventions. Chapter 5 is a stakeholder analysis, and presents organizations that could serve as focal point for SRHR in Jordan. Finally, chapter 6 includes HPC and the Information and Resaerch Center - King Hussein Foundation's recommendations.
Among the recommendations was to consider the Higher Population Council as the major focal point for the SRHR knowledge platform. As well as provide incentives for the private sector to play a larger role in raising awareness, research and advocacy for evidence-based family planning and reproductive health policies.